Before mixing it up at the ultimate Christmas party, why not enjoy one of delicious and refreshing summer cocktail recipes created by our very own mixologists and based on this year’s three party themes, while you are browsing our brand new Christmas party brochures.
First off the cocktail menu is our Speakeasy creation, perfect for sipping in the sun.
A Speakeasy themed cocktail – Liverpool Christmas party, Aintree Racecourse
The Gin Rickey is often claimed to be a favourite tipple of F. Scott Fitzgerald and is one of only two cocktails mentioned by name in the book, The Great Gatsby. The cocktail was originally named after Colonel Joe Rickey who liked his bourbon, but the gin version became a Prohibition staple.
To add a twist to the cocktail our mixologist has added fresh raspberries to give you the perfect refreshing summer cocktail – Prohibition style!
How to make a Raspberry & Lime Gin Rickey cocktail:
- Put three or four ice cubes in a highball glass, and squeeze in the juice of half a lime.
- Add around 60ml of gin and add fresh raspberries – let mixture sit for one hour for the raspberries to infuse in to the gin, and then top with soda.
- Rub the lime wedge around the rim, then drop into the glass – Raspberry & Lime Gin Rickey
Next we bring you a red carpet delight.
A Hollywood themed cocktail – Birmingham Christmas party, The ICC Birmingham
The first generation of Hollywood film stars and movies produced some of the most memorable films ever made and paved the way for all movies that would follow. Many scenes took place in bars and cocktail lounges and it seems almost every halfway well-to-do character had a drinks cabinet or wet bar in their trendy apartment.
The silent film star Greta Garbo was one of the first glamour girls of Hollywood. She made her speaking debut in 1930 in the film Anna Christie in which she uttered these unforgettable words… “Gimme a whisky, ginger ale on the side, and don’t be stingy, baby.”
The Garbo Cocktail is an interesting combination of ingredients to make a surprisingly good and easy summer cocktail.
How to make a Greta Garbo cocktail:
- Add a shot of brandy, dry vermouth and orange juice with a dash of grenadine and a splash of white crème de menthe in to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain over a chilled highball glass.
And finish off with a refreshing apres-ski tipple.
An Alpine Ski themed – Manchester Christmas party, Tatton Park
Think of the perfect après-ski beverage and beer is a universal favourite but cocktails can be just as refreshing, a little more fun, and there are so many to choose from.
Our mixologists have whipped up one that goes down well in the snow – and the heat – the PowerHound.
How to make a PowerHound cocktail:
- Add 1 shot of vodka, 1 shot of Amaro liqueur, a dash of pomegranate juice, a dash of lemon juice and a dollop of syrup.
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Shake well and strain in to a chilled cocktail glass.